Head pain may just be the most common illness in the world. we have a headache, For the most part, headaches are self-limiting, do not last for more than a day or two, and are completely benign. Simple treatments at home with non-prescription painkillers are usually sufficient to block out, but it is worthwhile to allow certain environmental triggers and avoid them. There are also some types of a headache that could cause severe and potentially fatal medical conditions. In this article, we discuss the different types of head pain, their causes, and what you should be doing.
Stress is the most common among all types of headaches. It is spreading on top of your head, characterized by low-grade pain, and can increase the severity over time. Tension headaches can be brought by various types of triggers, such as stress, lack of sleep, frequent contact with a sharp noise, lack of proper hydration or some foods. These headaches usually disappear within a few hours of two days, but if the pain is too much for you to endure, you can take acetaminophen, aspirin or ibuprofen to get relief. Since this type of a headache is brought by the environmental trigger, hence it can also be prevented by avoiding these situations.
2) A migraine headache
Migraines affect one side of the head and the stress that is spreading is more than a headache. It can also be associated with triggers, and usually occurs with strong light and sensitivity to sounds. This type of a headache can last from several hours to several days and can be relieved by migraine medicines like Advil, Motrin or Excedrin migraine pills.
A cluster headache is quite annoying, which usually appears rapidly behind one eye and reaches the peak after about an hour and then disappears. It is centered on one side of the head and may be accompanied by eye bleeding and gastrulation. These headaches are repeated for several days or weeks, and can also be treated with non-prescription medications with migraine strength.
None of these three types of a headache signify a more serious underlying condition and do not warrant to talk to your doctor until they are constantly repetitive or weak. However, these other forms of a headache need immediate medical attention.
- A headache that spreads in your neck may be a sign of meningitis or bleeding.
- A sudden, very acute headache in which there is a sudden start of the trigger, there may be many types of things, including stroke, aneurysm or meningitis.
- A headache that comes quickly and violently after a very intense exercise period, can indicate a sherchonoid bleeding. It is different from dehydration and a hard stress headache brought after exercise.
- A headache that lasts for days and days without any interruption, especially if there is a change in your vision with a low fever or swelling of arteries in the arteries may indicate that if left untreated you may be blind.
- If you and everyone face a headache at the same time within a closed space, then this is probably carbon monoxide poisoning from a defective heating system. Immediately remove all and call the fire department.
- A headache that makes you wake up at night, it is getting worse for weeks, and when you wake up in the morning, there may be an indication of a large increase in the brain.